Concerns about color rendering on a box containing B683 perfume

A place to discuss anything off topic
Post Reply
Selia
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Aug 2026, 04:16
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Concerns about color rendering on a box containing B683 perfume

Post by Selia »

Hello, everyone! I’m reaching out again because I ran into a problem with an order a few days ago, and I’d really like to get your input before it happens again. A customer had asked me to personalize a wooden gift box for her husband’s 40th birthday. The box was supposed to hold a bottle of B683 perfume that she was giving her husband, so I wanted the finish to be flawless. But the result turned out much duller than what I saw on my screen, especially with the darker shades—like browns and burgundies—which looked almost gray once printed. I checked my file three times, and I calibrated my screen as well. ... but with wood, I get the impression it absorbs the ink differently compared to the textiles or ceramics I usually work with. So I’m wondering if any of you work with this kind of material and if there’s a specific ICC profile to use, or a correction margin to factor in beforehand for dark colors. Personally, I’ve never had this problem with mugs or textiles—the results come out pretty accurate. But with wood, there’s clearly something I’m missing. Do you overexpose the dark tones a bit before printing, or do you adjust the press temperature instead? Anyway, if you have any experience with this, I’d love to hear it, because I’m likely to get more similar orders soon, and I’d rather plan ahead than have to figure it out as I go each time.
JMugs
Posts: 2044
Joined: 12 May 2012, 16:49
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Concerns about color rendering on a box containing B683 perfume

Post by JMugs »

Is this a sublimation print or some other form of print?
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests