Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Can't find the right section? Discuss it in here!
Post Reply
gazfocus
Posts: 271
Joined: 02 Oct 2015, 10:28
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Post by gazfocus »

We’ve been buying Orca mugs from Xpres for about a year and we’ve started getting reports from customers where the entire coating has started to peel off. In fairness we sell quite a lot and have only had a handful of reports but it’s very concerning as it obviously affects how customers perceive our products.

I just wondered if anyone else had been using the Xpres Orca mugs and had similar reports?
JMugs
Posts: 2044
Joined: 12 May 2012, 16:49
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Post by JMugs »

I didn't have a great result with the orca mugs recently, actually they were terrible. The 5013s printed much better. It's almost like there wasn't any / enough coating.

I am just getting back into printing, so catching up as I go.

Cheers
Martin
AntonioMagli
Posts: 5
Joined: 21 Jul 2026, 21:39
Location: Coventry
Has thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Post by AntonioMagli »

Hi All
Regarding Xpres ORCA 11oz I can't get a consistent print near the bottom of the mug, thats 25mm away from the bottom,
its faded, I been blaming my presses and I've changes elements a few of times.

NOW I'm thinking its the bloody MUGS!

Is it because its ORCA coated?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
GoldRapt
Posts: 1054
Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 04:00
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Contact:

Re: Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Post by GoldRapt »

Hi mate, I don't do mugs but someone who does will be along soon to help.
regards
Tony
http://www.mildlyinconvenient.co.uk
-launching july/august 2026
JMugs
Posts: 2044
Joined: 12 May 2012, 16:49
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 13 times
Contact:

Re: Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Post by JMugs »

AntonioMagli wrote: 20 Sep 2026, 21:22 Hi All
Regarding Xpres ORCA 11oz I can't get a consistent print near the bottom of the mug, thats 25mm away from the bottom,
its faded, I been blaming my presses and I've changes elements a few of times.

NOW I'm thinking its the bloody MUGS!

Is it because its ORCA coated?

Has anyone else had this problem?
Thanks
I found these mugs terrible for the same reason, plus patchy, lots of chips to rims and bases. They took much longer to print in the press or the oven.
I don't think it's the orca coating as such, just that the coating has been badly applied to these mugs.
The 5013 mugs are much better but way more expensive and I have no problems printing them in the press or oven.
User avatar
Bob700
Posts: 540
Joined: 22 Jan 2010, 05:00
Contact:

Re: Anybody here use Orca mugs from xpres?

Post by Bob700 »

I used Orca mug from MDP and they were awful the print started to fade after about a week, there was a suggestion from a fact checker that MDP have been using fake Orca mugs from China, that was based on the problems I had with them. For the last while I've been using 5013 10oz mugs from xpres with no problems
Children are bit bit like flatulence....you can just about put up with your own
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests